Thursday, September 16, 2010
In Class; Observation Reflection
This past week, I went to Yo! and made observations. When I was first brainstorming ideas, I made the assumption that Yo!'s main audience would be TCU students. I made this observation based on the location and appearance of the Yo! Frozen Yogurt Lounge on University. When I visited Yo! on Wednesday at 3:30 PM I expected to find it full of students studying or hanging out after class. I was instead surprised to find adults meeting and parents with their children fresh out of school. When I stepped back to take a second, objective, look, I realized that Yo! does cater to the needs of children and adults as well as college students. Yo! is now staying open until midnight on the weekends, and at that time I expect to find mostly if not all college students. During the day, when children are getting out of school, Yo! is the perfect place for a parent to take their child for a special treat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would have originally thought that Yo! would mostly have TCU students since its right in between campus and the bookstore. I am kind of surprised there are parents taking their high schoolers there from school around 3:30. It does make sense if you think about it a bit though since there's a high school not too far away. It's nice that Yo! caters to college students, parents and high school students
ReplyDelete