Tuesday, September 21, 2010
In Class; Experience with Writing Workshops
In my previous writing classes, we are always forced to read eachother's work in the hopes that the person sitting next to us will pick up on a mistake we have missed. I am not a huge fan of these writing workshops because I always feel awkward about handing over my work and hoping for the best. I never feel like the opinion of my neighbor matters as much as the opinion of my teacher. It always seems like the editor is just making stuff up to correct, or they lie and tell you your paper is perfect, when it is in fact terrible. And when I am put in the position of editor, I always feel guilty telling someone that their writing does not make sense to me. I want to tell them that I think something has gone horribly wrong...but I know as the author, that would kill my creative flow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment